This course takes you step by step through the basis and requirements of current design criteria and methods for delivering compliant surface water management systems in the UK. You will learn how to use the most popular free tools available on the uksuds.com website; you will have an overview of the inputs, outputs and parameters required for detailed modelling; and you will develop your skills in assessing drainage submissions.
The course content covers:
- SuDS criteria and standards
- SuDS component selection and suitability
- Fundamental hydraulic and water quality processes in SuDS
- Using checklists for design and approval
- Tools and models available to support SuDS design (including the free tools on this website)
- Model inputs/outputs and parameters.
You can attend this course
- Online - we launched our SuDS online training course in June 2020 and it has been extremely popular. Go to 'SuDS: standards, guidance and design tools' to view dates and availabilities.
- At our training facility at HR Wallingford's head office near Oxford - we deliver this course as part of our rolling programme of courses as a face to face training course. Unfortunately due to the current COVID situation, we do not currently have any on-site training dates scheduled.
- At your offices - please contact us to see how we can help.