Well-established expertise in urban drainage
Our SuDS expertise
HR Wallingford has a very well-established expertise in urban drainage, having developed many of the key design criteria and design methods.
We have been working on SuDS for almost 20 years – undertaking research, evaluating performance, and drafting standards and guidance.
We are the lead authors of the SuDS Manual (CIRIA, 2015) and the British Standard Code of Practice for Surface Water Management, BS8582 (BSI, 2015).
We work with developers on SuDS design strategies, and we work with councils reviewing SuDS implementation.
Internationally, we are working in China on Sponge City drainage masterplans and modelling studies.
Our expertise includes:
- Conceptual SuDS design and evaluation
- SuDS and conventional drainage system modelling and impact assessment
- Risk analysis of drainage systems
- Research into SuDS performance, liabilities, costs and benefits
- SuDS management strategies and whole life costing
- SuDS construction planning
- SuDS asset management planning and tools.